Bucky Fellini Lyric Sheet?

Here's where you read, reply and post.

Moderators: Cult Leader Lettuce, Adict4DeadMilk, johnec

Bucky Fellini Lyric Sheet?

Postby helicine » Sat Jul 14, 2012 7:55 pm

I loved the lyric sheets in Eat Your Paisley and Beelzebubba, and until recently didn't even know that Big Lizard Had a lyric sheet (er, sheets since I guess there are 2 versions). So that begs the question, was there ever a lyric sheet for Bucky Fellini?

(my apologies if this has already been answered, did a search, came up dry)
helicine

Re: Bucky Fellini Lyric Sheet?

Postby Cult Leader Lettuce » Sat Jul 14, 2012 9:35 pm

helicine wrote:I loved the lyric sheets in Eat Your Paisley and Beelzebubba, and until recently didn't even know that Big Lizard Had a lyric sheet (er, sheets since I guess there are 2 versions). So that begs the question, was there ever a lyric sheet for Bucky Fellini?

If I remember correctly, one does exist. I think that you had to send away for it. Keep a watch on ebay. Once in a blue moon, you will see a US pressing that has the lyric sheet. I actually saw one a while back, and I put it in my watching list, but I totally forgot to bid until after it had ended (it went for under $10 bucks), so they're not impossible to find. Just very hard to find.

And on that note, if anyone has scans of it, I would be very interested.
The unofficial archivist. Keep digitizing those old recordings everybody!

Current Projects: A stack of tapes from Timothy, will be hopefully getting those finished soon! Lotsa upgrades to things that have been circulating for a while.
Cult Leader Lettuce

Postby Angry Canine » Sun Jul 15, 2012 3:33 pm

Is this by any chance the same Helicine I know from elsewhere?
Angry Canine

Postby helicine » Sun Jul 15, 2012 4:12 pm

Angry Canine wrote:Is this by any chance the same Helicine I know from elsewhere?

yup :mrgreen:
helicine

Postby helicine » Sun Jul 15, 2012 4:13 pm

Cult Leader Lettuce wrote:
helicine wrote:I loved the lyric sheets in Eat Your Paisley and Beelzebubba, and until recently didn't even know that Big Lizard Had a lyric sheet (er, sheets since I guess there are 2 versions). So that begs the question, was there ever a lyric sheet for Bucky Fellini?

If I remember correctly, one does exist. I think that you had to send away for it. Keep a watch on ebay. Once in a blue moon, you will see a US pressing that has the lyric sheet. I actually saw one a while back, and I put it in my watching list, but I totally forgot to bid until after it had ended (it went for under $10 bucks), so they're not impossible to find. Just very hard to find.

And on that note, if anyone has scans of it, I would be very interested.

awesome, thanks for the info
helicine

Postby Dirty Sanchez » Tue Jul 17, 2012 1:08 pm

i like to bitch about how digital downloads won't come with lyric sheets and liner notes, but i can't remember the last time i read any of that stuff. sometimes my misheard lyrics are better than the real ones.
Dirty Sanchez

Postby chrisnourcan » Tue Jul 17, 2012 5:49 pm

Does anyone have a link to Sanchez's imagined lyric sheet?
chrisnourcan

Postby kksuck2 » Fri Jul 20, 2012 3:25 am

My favourite part of milkmen lyics sheets was the little doodles drawn all over the place - it used to be kind of a game to guess which picture went with which song
kksuck2

Postby sparksfiend » Sat Jul 21, 2012 3:09 pm

I actually have a vinyl copy of Buck Fellini that has the lyric sheet. :)
"Do you know what it's like to be violated by a 300-pound Filipino skinhead named Gunther? It ain't no picnic!"
sparksfiend

Postby m-m-m » Sun Jul 22, 2012 1:39 pm

sparksfiend wrote:I actually have a vinyl copy of Buck Fellini that has the lyric sheet. :)
U best do the old scan and share ...
I'll imagine what it would be like to live back then at the age I am now

An "LOL" would be great, but I'll settle for "nice try asshole, go write some new material".
m-m-m

Postby sparksfiend » Mon Jul 23, 2012 9:10 am

m-m-m wrote:
sparksfiend wrote:I actually have a vinyl copy of Buck Fellini that has the lyric sheet. :)
U best do the old scan and share ...

My parents have my printer/scanner, the next time I pay them a visit, I'll be sure to copy it...
"Do you know what it's like to be violated by a 300-pound Filipino skinhead named Gunther? It ain't no picnic!"
sparksfiend

Postby m-m-m » Sat Jul 28, 2012 7:22 pm

awesome .... thanx

An "LOL" would be great, but I'll settle for "nice try asshole, go write some new material".
m-m-m

Postby RufasRuckas » Fri May 29, 2015 11:45 am

Hey!! So can anyone provide a scan of the lyric sheet? It would be alot cooler if you could;-)
Thanks!!
RufasRuckas

Postby TheSpinachPatternSet » Thu Jun 11, 2015 8:56 am

Dirty Sanchez wrote:i like to bitch about how digital downloads won't come with lyric sheets and liner notes, but i can't remember the last time i read any of that stuff. sometimes my misheard lyrics are better than the real ones.

Some of them do come with PDFs of lyrics sheets, inner-sleeve art, etc. The Shellac albums I downloaded came with that stuff. I think it depends on where/who you get it from. I don't think Amazon (or iTunes) will give you that stuff, but if it's from a Bandcamp page or directly from the label (like Touch and Go) you have a better chance.
TheSpinachPatternSet

Postby m-m-m » Thu Jun 11, 2015 11:03 am

iTunes does give you a digital booklet when you buy the full album sometimes. I don't know why sometimes and why sometimes not, other than the band/label doesn't supply one.

m-m-m

Next

Return to Dead Milkmen