The Official Dead Milkmen and Related EBAY Thread

Here's where you read, reply and post.

Moderators: Cult Leader Lettuce, Adict4DeadMilk, johnec

The Official Dead Milkmen and Related EBAY Thread

Postby Cult Leader Lettuce » Sun Aug 30, 2009 4:50 pm

Okay, so that the rest of the forum doesn't become overridden with ebay listings, how about we start a thread here for good stuff that we see on ebay.

If you see something amazingly rare, post it here, let everyone know that it's available. If you're trying to sell something rare, post it here too. If you're trying to bid on something and don't want to be outbid mention that as well and if it's something that the rest of us don't need, we'll know not to bid (maybe).

I'll start the thread like this: Baby Flamehead is a band that Dean was in back in the 80's. Their album "Life Sandwich" is out of print now, but you can find copies for a good price in LP and CD format on ebay quite regularly. If you're looking to own a copy, here's a search for it. Good luck everyone!

http://shop.ebay.com/?_from=R40&_trksid ... Categories
The unofficial archivist. Keep digitizing those old recordings everybody!

Current Projects: A stack of tapes from Timothy, will be hopefully getting those finished soon! Lotsa upgrades to things that have been circulating for a while.
Cult Leader Lettuce

Postby Cult Leader Lettuce » Tue Sep 01, 2009 8:19 pm

Metaphysical era t-shirt (somewhere around 1990 I'd think, seller says 1983, but they are going by the DM Logo copyright date, go figure). http://cgi.ebay.com/vintage-1983-THE-DE ... .m20.l1116

They're wanting way too much imo, but if someone really wants it, and is willing to pay the price (or willing to talk them down), good luck!

Current Projects: A stack of tapes from Timothy, will be hopefully getting those finished soon! Lotsa upgrades to things that have been circulating for a while.
Cult Leader Lettuce

Postby Mr.Alex » Thu Sep 03, 2009 9:45 pm

Lettuce this is an amazing idea. I am glad you put this thread up, apparently ebays becoming obsessed with the deadmilkmen.
"Do you ever go to make a pork sausage, and find that it's got hairs all over it?"
Mr.Alex

Postby Cult Leader Lettuce » Mon Sep 07, 2009 9:20 pm

The old Got Milkmen? poster. I think this was something you could get if you sent in something when the Death Rides A Pale Cow comp CD came out.
http://cgi.ebay.com/DEAD-MILKMEN-Origin ... 286.c0.m14

Handbill from a 1986 show. The price isn't the best, but honestly it isn't bad either. If this is your sorta collectible thing, go for it!
http://cgi.ebay.com/Dead-Milkmen-Poster ... .m20.l1116

Cult Leader Lettuce

Postby BigTimeOperator » Tue Sep 08, 2009 6:24 pm

I am going to be selling on eBay one of the BIGGEST Dead Milkmen auctions to date. The reason is to finance my wedding this summer. I so do not want to part with it but we need the money to make this happen. I am selling
-2 autographed setlists from the Dave Blood Memorial Show. 1 from each night. Each member of DM including Dandrew signed both setlists.
-Joe's guitar pick from the second night
-a drum stick from Nixon Head which Dean autographed.
-A flyer from the Dave Blood Memorial Show
-A T-Shirt from the Dave Blood Memorial concert
-A few more goodies to be named later.

All this will be sold as one complete package. I do not know what the starting bid will be yet. The auction will take place starting either this or next Saturday.
Gather round me everybody
Let me tell you who I am...
BigTimeOperator

Postby doctor love » Wed Sep 09, 2009 6:03 am

Hey, BTO. The Dead Milkmen are playing again and there seems to be more interest in them (I mean holy shit, now it seems I meet someone once a week who knows who they are wtf?!) but you're not gonna get much $$$ for that stuff. Not what it's truly worth. They dont love them like we do. I dont want to see your stuff bought (preferably by me) for pennies. I dont know..it sucks that your that desperate for cash. Or have you cashed in your DM chips and left the table?

edit: nevermind. I re-read the list and NOW I'm just plain curious how much money somebody's willing to pay.
happy cows give sour milk.
doctor love

Postby BigTimeOperator » Wed Sep 09, 2009 1:28 pm

DLo,

Like most Old Skool fans I have a nice collection of Dead Milkmen related memoribilia. When I was single I had a place for it all, now I have to sell a ton of stuff and sadly some of it is Dead Milkmen related. While I wish I could keep everything I am selling (my framed hand written by Jack Black Tenacious D setlist and Jack's guitar pic from his show at House of Blues in Orlando in 2002) the truth is I am marying a girl with two kids and we plan on having kids of our own. I really have to pick and choose what I can keep and what I have to get rid of.

By no means am I cashing my DM chips in. They have always been my favorite band and always will be. I will always think of seeing them live, chatting on this message board, listening to them, trading mp3s with CLL as some of my favorite memories in life. I still have every DM cassette I bought back in the 80's and to me those things are irreplacable because in a way they molded me into who I am today. Those things can not be replaced and I won't sell items like that.

Over the past 5 years since my divorce I have accumulated tons of things I no longer have room for. Rather than keep it and have it stored in some attic or storage garage somewhere where I will never see it and the elements destroy it, it makes more sense to me to sell some of the things I see as valuable so as someone who thinks like me can appreciate it like I once have.
Gather round me everybody
Let me tell you who I am...
BigTimeOperator

Postby CzirDzir » Sat Sep 12, 2009 3:10 pm

Keep It All.

Get Rid of The Girl.
CzirDzir

Postby Cult Leader Lettuce » Fri Nov 13, 2009 7:10 pm

Oh wow. This is something that I'm not familiar with. This appears to be a 6 song sampler of songs from Big Lizard dating back to the mid 80's. Take a look, bid if you want to... but be wary until one of the milkmen sees and verifies that this indeed is legit.

http://cgi.ebay.com/DEAD-MILKMEN-sample ... 2ea912dbee

edit: Talked to Joe, he says that it's legit, and that it's Dean's handwriting. Good luck bidding to whoever may be interested.

Cult Leader Lettuce

hmmm...

Postby mrclean » Fri Nov 13, 2009 8:22 pm

yeah - looks like my hand writing. I confess to not remembering it but I bet we put those together to mail out to the scene report folks in Maximum Rock 'n Roll to get gigs on our first tour in 1985...before the actual LP came out.

It is rare.
-- Mr. Clean
mrclean
Site Admin

Postby Cult Leader Lettuce » Mon Nov 16, 2009 10:47 pm

Alright, that one just sold for $15.00! Good job whoever got it, that's a deal!

And now, for the next ebay item I just spotted... here's a copy of Now We Are 10.

http://cgi.ebay.com/The-Dead-Milkmen-No ... 3a54d82d7d

It's currently at $0.99 with one bid. Good luck, and happy bidding guys!

Cult Leader Lettuce

Postby pushtoreject » Wed Dec 02, 2009 11:02 pm

Well now, I'm curious. This is the demo tape from ebay. The cover seems photocopied and cut out like a bunch of these were made, which would make sense, but I'm wondering if anyone recognizes the handwriting on the tape?
Cool stuff, thanks for the heads up and info! BTW whomever bid against me matched my bid...so close...and I was freaking out because I wasn't home to defend my bid either...You may not be so lucky... :D
I will not pick my feet prior to picking my nose a third time.
pushtoreject

Postby Cult Leader Lettuce » Wed Dec 02, 2009 11:20 pm

Good win! Are all the versions the Big Lizard versions?

Also, I like the laptop.

Cult Leader Lettuce

Postby pushtoreject » Wed Dec 02, 2009 11:39 pm

Big lizard in my laptop...
Good eyes, but you'll notice mine's the one that came with the fake Napoleon instead of the real lizard. If I had known the Napoleon was going to be fake I would have definitely gone with the lizard model. Duh, I hate that.
so has your screen's inverter gone out yet? I just had to replace mine. I kept sticking a flash light up to it and reading what I could for a week waiting for the part. Fortunately it was a cheap part and an easy fix. Just got it(the tape) and about to pop it in (again, the tape). I'll edit this post and let you know shortly!

edit: Okay! That blanket is the color of cozy! but I digress. Yes they are all Big Lizard versions. It sounds like it came off the record like it says. You can even hear at the beginning the recorder start and the needle hit the record I believe. But the rest is seamless so I don't know. It has good, but an odd quality to it.

bonus edit: CCL: the inverter part # is PK070018120 it was 12 bucks brand new with free shipping on ebay, ( http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 0400226846 ) I got my laptop from my brother, thanks for the tips on the clean out, I need memory too, this only has 1/2 a gig. :( hope you see this, I didn't want to do a new post for it :)
Last edited by pushtoreject on Thu Dec 03, 2009 1:35 am, edited 3 times in total.
I will not pick my feet prior to picking my nose a third time.
pushtoreject

Postby Cult Leader Lettuce » Thu Dec 03, 2009 12:48 am

Haha, great picture!

No, never had a problem with the screen inverter thankfully. I got this machine in used condition from a friend a few months ago for a low price because it had some issues (fortunately I knew about most of the issues already as I had been using this machine off and on ever since he bought it). An overheating issue was quickly fixed by taking out the fans and completely cleaning out the airflow passageways. Unfortunately the harddrive was also going out, but I had a smaller older hdd lying around which is currently working out well until I can get another larger drive. All I need is a battery and more memory (already have it at a gig with a 512 I had, but I'd like to get it up to 1.5 if I can) and it'll be completely up and running like I want it to be.

So, are screen inverters an issue with these models? If so, how much did you have to pay for yours?

Also, to keep on the topic, good job winning that tape pushtoreject, and good job winning the Now We Are 10 CD kksuck2! Hopefully I'll have something good to post on here soon (keep a watch on ebay guys, there's a few cheap copies of the out of print Joe Jack Home Recordings CD, and I saw an Aussie "Thing That Only Eats Hippies" 7" and a copy of the If I Had A Gun EP. Nothing too rare though, but next time I see something amazingly rare, I'll be posting it!

edit: That blanket is the color and the feeling of cozy! I picked it up at goodwill a few years back, and it always comes out in the winter. My only complaint is that it always leaves little green fuzzballs all over everything, but that's no problem... who cares when it's cuddly and warm.

Anyways, it makes sense that they're all big lizard versions, although it would have been cool if they were older takes. That's definitely a very unique item there, and will be a very good addition to your collection!

I think the only time I saw anything older than that was many years ago when I saw a copy of Funky Farm on ebay. I forget how much that went for as it was many many years ago. Don't think I've seen anything else that old since though.

Cult Leader Lettuce

Next

Return to Dead Milkmen